Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Silk in China

For all the silk in China
For all the bee's honey
For all the tea in England
For all the baker's flower
For you I'd give it all

For all the tears in the ocean
For all the child's dreams
For all the curry in India
For all the streets in Rome
For you I'd give it all

But for me I kept the breaths.
Steady and sure low inside
I would need them
For you took it all in stride.

All the silk in China
All the honey from the bees
England's tea and the bakers flower
That's what you took from me.

Fully knowing and with ease
You took the tears from the ocean and
the children's dreams
You took the curry from India
and the streets from Rome.

But I still have my breath.
No
I could not give it all
and that was the death of you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment