Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Window Shopping

I could never be
with a man who wears tennis shoes and socks to the beach, Well I already have but that was long before I knew his preferences in beach attire.

I could never have
children the way she did, Well not have them in the physical sense but they would never have to live that way.

I could never teach
the way they do, Well I could purpose the same line of words but not in that space or time.

I could never work
the way she does, Well I could spend the same hours but would have to be more productive.

I could never talk
the way he does, Well, I could pretend but it wouldn't be sincere.

I could never be
the judge at the Pearly Gates the way he does, Well I could but it would be an empty lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment